What is Realm?
Realm is a secure online application for members of St. Mary’s. There are many tools that you can use to make connecting with others easily.
- Directory allows you to look up parishioners by first or last name. Just like a printed directory, you can see their address and contact information, and a photo if available.
- Giving provides you with personal statements and pledge information at any time. (A great way to reduce our shared carbon footprint is for members to look online rather than rely on printed and mailed statements.)
- Communications provides one place to send and store message with other groups and ministry teams so that you can easily track a conversation.
How can I get an invitation to join Realm?
- If you are an existing member, and have lost track of the initial invitation to join Realm, call or email St. Mary’s Co-Parish Administrator Elizabeth Bruington at 703-527-6800 or Elizabeth.Bruington@StMarysArlington.org.
- If you’re new to St. Mary’s or aren’t sure if you’re in our database, please fill out our “Invitation to Join Realm” form. Once your basic information is in the database, you’ll be emailed an invitation to join Realm and claim your church record.
Realm contains my giving information. Is Realm secure?
Yes. Realm uses bank-level encryption. Realm is part of ACS Technologies, which is the largest provider of church database software. Many Episcopal churches use Realm.
Who can see my information?
Only members of St. May’s who have been invited to join may log in. Once you are invited and log in, you may choose your own privacy settings that you are comfortable with. Your giving information is only visible to you and Janet Tasker, St. Mary’s Co-Administrator and Finance Manager.
How do I update my information? How do I edit my privacy settings?
Please help church staff and treasurers by keeping your contact information up to date! To change your information and privacy settings, log in to Realm at https://onrealm.org/SaintMarysEpisc/Home click your name at the top right-hand corner, select “My Profile”, then click “Edit Profile.” To edit your privacy settings, click “Manage Privacy.”
How do I view my giving information?
You may check your giving statement at any time by logging into Realm, clicking “Giving” on the left-hand side, and then clicking the blue box on the right-hand side that says “Contribution Statement.”
How do I access the church directory?
Realm is our new online directory. The directory only works if everyone logs on, updates their contact information, and opts-in to the directory by unlocking their privacy settings. If you do not opt-in, your information will not be visible to other church members. Once you log into Realm, click “Directory” on the left-hand option menu. There you will find the contact information of all those who have logged in and opted in by updating their privacy settings.
Do I have to participate in the online church directory?
No. You are in control of your privacy settings. You do not have to share your information if you feel uncomfortable doing so. You can choose what information you want to share. You can decide who sees your information. (Please note that church staff will always be able to see your general information but only Janet Tasker can see your contribution information.)
We are suggest you “unlock” and share your home address, phone number, and email address–in the same way you would if we had a printed directory.
Can I get a printed copy of the Realm directory?
Realm is replacing the old printed versions of the directory. There will not be printed copies available except for people without computers or by special request. Realm is THE place to find someone’s contact information. To ensure we always have the most up-to-date records, we need your help by opting-in and keeping your contact information accurate.
What if I forget my password?
Go to https://onrealm.org/SaintMarysEpisc/Home, click the blue “Forgot your password?” link. This link will take you through the process of creating a new password. Your username is the email address you used to create the account. If you get stuck, please email Elizabeth.Bruington@StMarysArlington.org and she can send your username and password reset.
What if I still have questions?
Contact Elizabeth Bruington Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. or ask a staff person for help during our 10:00 a.m. coffee hour on Sundays. You may also visit the Realm online help page at http://help.onrealm.org/#search.