Grace Episcopal Church, a dynamic parish serving Alexandria and surrounding communities, is seeking a full-time parish administrator to manage the church office and operations. Primary responsibilities include providing administrative leadership, coordinating facilities management, maintaining liturgical schedules and parish records, coordinating communications including weekly service bulletins and monthly online newsletter, and managing shared responsibilities with Grace Episcopal School related to its shared use of the building and grounds.
The parish administrator directly supports and reports to the rector and also supports parish activities, the Vestry, parish members and supervises a team of office volunteers and part-time employees.
Essential to the position are dependability and reliability, with excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills. We’re seeking a person who is flexible, proactive, and capable of prioritizing in a demanding work environment while maintaining utmost confidentiality.
Hallmarks of worship at Grace are traditional Eucharistic liturgy, fine music, and a wide array of exciting program activities. Grace Church currently has seven paid staff and clergy employees and about a thousand parishioners. We are a welcoming and inclusive church, and in that spirit, the parish administrator will be the face of Grace Church to the community. For more information about Grace Episcopal Church, please visit our website at www.gracealex.org
- Three to five years’ experience in a similar office setting with responsibility for general admin and operations, contract management and oversight of vendors
- Proficiency in general computer skills and use of MS Office and MS Windows-based software, MS Publisher, and online business tools.
- Familiarity with Church Windows or other church financial and membership management software programs is desirable.
- Knowledge of basic business accounting.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary based on experience
- Excellent benefits package includes retirement plan, health insurance and paid leave
To apply, please email a letter of application along with a resume, references, and your salary or wage history, to our Personnel Committee: PASearchCommittee@gracealex.org. All four parts must be included for you to be considered as an applicant.