St. Joseph’s Ministry
- Our Mission: The St Joseph Ministry serves the St. Mary’s community by providing parishioners interested in home repair and building trades with opportunities to contribute to parish life and community outreach.
- What does St. Joseph’s Ministry do?
- Monthly: Help with maintenance jobs around the church and to assist parishioners with special requests. Help with breaking down forums, setting/break down for special events, all worship set up for major feast days and participate in facilities funeral ministry. Contact Jane Shafran for the latest schedule.
- Quarterly: Special church clean up days to include Advent Clean-Up & Lenten Clean-up. Support Flower Guild for special events.
- Annually: Rebuilding Together. St. Joseph provides the project management team for St. Mary’s to help update a local home with necessary improvement and repairs.
- To get involved contact Jane Shafran
20s & 30s Group
Are you between the ages of 21 and 35, single or married, with or without children, looking for a community grounded in Christ? Join St. Mary’s new 20s & 30s Group for fellowship, outreach and ministry opportunities.
- To get involved contact Rev. Chris Cole at Chris.Cole@StMarysArlington.org
- Monthly Dinner Gathering – The 2nd Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m. St. Mary’s men meet at Mylo’s Grill in Mclean to have dinner and connect with each other. There is no rsvp, just show up and get to know other St. Mary’s guys. Contact The Rev. Chris Cole
- Men’ Retreat at Shrinemont – Each fall St. Mary’s holds a retreat at Shrine Mont Camp just for men. This is a weekend where we seek to grow in our faith and relationship with Christ. Contact The Rev. Chris Cole
- St. Mary’s Women’s Group – Seeks to support women in the St. Mary’s community. We welcome ALL adult women in ALL stages of their lives: working, retired, caregiving, exploring possibilities. We would love to have you join!
- 2018 Events
- August 21 – Fellowship at Taqueria el Poblano from 7 – 9 p.m.
- September 28-30 – Women’s Retreat at Shrinemont
- October 3 – Morning Bible Study Fellowship and Coffee, 7:30 am in Paca Hall
- November 15 – Fellowship at Taqueria el Poblano from 7 – 9 p.m.
- December 9 – Holiday Potluck Snacks and Drinks Gathering at the Rectory 4-6: 30 pm
To learn about all Women’s Group events, sign up for their email list or contact Kathryn McManus at 703-408-2457 or Elizabeth Bruington at elizabeth.bruington@
- Episcopal Church Women St. Mary’s – This ministry works in coordination with Episcopal Church Women (ECW) seeking to involve the women of St. Mary’s in diocesan-led gatherings and endeavors. Contact Diane Wright
- Monday Night Bible Study meets the second and fourth Monday at 6:30 p.m. at St. Mary’s. This Bible study is a “guilt” free group, made up of St. Mary’s parishioners who want to learn about the Bible in a casual setting. Contact Elizabeth Nolan if you are interested in joining.
- Tuesday Book and Bible Study meets at 10:00 a.m. in classroom A. This group focuses on studying different books of the Bible and meets all year. Contact Bev Hess if you are interested in joining.
Friday Book Group
This group discusses books related to our Christian faith such as theological studies, Church history and contemporary issues. They meet at 10:00 a.m. on Fridays in the Vestry Room. For more information, or to join, contact Mary Lee Rech
We all need support in our lives and it comes with being part of a community. These groups help meet those needs.
Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
AA is an international fellowship of men and women who have had a drinking problem. It is nonprofessional, self-supporting, multiracial, apolitical and available almost everywhere. There are no age or education requirements. Membership is open to anyone who wants to do something about his or her drinking problem. AA meetings are held on Monday evenings at 7:30 p.m. in Paca Parish Hall.