St. Joseph’s Ministry
- Our Mission: The St Joseph Ministry serves the St. Mary’s community by providing parishioners interested in home repair and building trades with opportunities to contribute to parish life and community outreach.
- What does St. Joseph’s Ministry do?
- Monthly: Help with maintenance jobs around the church and to assist parishioners with special requests. Help with breaking down forums, setting/break down for special events, all worship set up for major feast days and participate in facilities funeral ministry. Contact Jane Shafran for the latest schedule.
- Quarterly: Special church clean up days to include Advent Clean-Up & Lenten Clean-up. Support Flower Guild for special events.
- Annually: Rebuilding Together. St. Joseph provides the project management team for St. Mary’s to help update a local home with necessary improvement and repairs.
- To get involved contact Jane Shafran
20s & 30s Group
Are you between the ages of 21 and 35, single or married, with or without children, looking for a community grounded in Christ? Join St. Mary’s new 20s & 30s Group for fellowship, outreach and ministry opportunities.
- To get involved contact Rev. Chris Cole at Chris.Cole@StMarysArlington.org
- Monthly Dinner Gathering – The 2nd Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m. St. Mary’s men meet at Mylo’s Grill in Mclean to have dinner and connect with each other. There is no rsvp, just show up and get to know other St. Mary’s guys. Contact The Rev. Andrew Merrow
- Wednesday Morning Breakfast group – This group meets at Linda’s Cafe following the 6:30 a.m. Eucharist on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month to discuss faith and usually a related book. Contact The Rev. Andrew Merrow
- Men’ Retreat at Shrinemont – Each fall St. Mary’s holds a retreat at Shrine Mont Camp just for men. This is a weekend where we seek to grow in our faith and relationship with Christ. Contact The Rev. Chris Cole
- Episcopal Church Women St. Mary’s – This ministry works in coordination with Episcopal Church Women (ECW) seeking to involve the women of St. Mary’s in diocesan-led gatherings and endeavors. Contact Diane Wright
- Register to participate in a Lenten Quiet Day, Thurs., Mar. 16, 2017 from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm at the Roslyn Conference and Retreat Center in Richmond, Virginia. Click here for details and registration information.
- St. Anne’s Guild – Seeks to support women in the St. Mary’s community. We welcome adult women in all stages of their lives: working, retired, caregiving, exploring possibilities. We would love to have you join.
- Every 3rd Tuesday of the month St. Anne’s gathers at Taqueria el Poblano from 7 – 9 p.m. (please check the Calendar, as there are exceptions on the meeting days for some months)
- To learn about all St. Anne’s events, check the St. Mary’s calendar or sign up for their email list. Contact Elizabeth Bruington.
- Monday Night Bible Study meets the second and fourth Monday at 6:30 p.m. at St. Mary’s. This Bible study is a “guilt” free group, made up of St. Mary’s parishioners who want to learn about the Bible in a casual setting. Contact Elizabeth Nolan if you are interested in joining.
- Tuesday Women’s Bible Study meets at 10:00 a.m. in classroom A. This group focuses on studying different books of the Bible and meets all year. Contact Bev Hess if you are interested in joining.