July 8-15, 2019, St. Mary’s Choir and choristers from area churches will be traveling across the pond to the United Kingdom to sing at Lincoln Cathedral.
Not only is this a cultural and musical opportunity for choristers, but it is also a rich spiritual opportunity to enter into the centuries-long tradition of choral led cathedral services in the Anglican tradition. There are three choirs joined in this Lincoln Cathedral Pilgrimage: St. Mary’s, Arlington; St. George’s, Arlington; and St. Andrews, Burke. Please consider supporting our St. Mary’s choristers as they prepare throughout this music season.
How You Can Get Involved
Pray for our church musicians.
O God, whom saints and angels delight to worship in heaven: Be ever present with your servants who seek through art and music to perfect the praises offered by your people on earth; and grant to them even now glimpses of your beauty, and make them worthy at length to behold it unveiled for evermore; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Book of Common Prayer, Prayer for Church Musicians and Artists, page 819
Attend Lincoln Pilgrimage Choir Musical Offerings.
The three choirs (St. Mary’s, St. George’s and St. Andrew’s) will perform jointly at the following holy places.
- Sunday, Sept. 23, 5:00 p.m., Choral Evensong at St. Mary’s
- Sunday, Oct. 21, 4:00 p.m., Choral Evensong at St. George’s, Arlington
- Saturday, Jan. 12, 6:00 p.m. Choral Eucharist at St. Andrew’s, Burke
- Sunday, March 3, 5:00 p.m. Chorister Festival & Choral Evensong (Dr. Giles Brightwell, Guest Choirmaster)
- Sunday, April 7, 5:30 p.m., Choral Evensong at St. Anne’s, Annapolis
- Sunday, May 19, 5:00 p.m., Choral Evensong at St. Mary’s
- Friday, June 21, 5:30 p.m., Choral Evensong at Washington National Cathedral
Become a Lincoln Pilgrimage Choir Shareholder.
In order to raise scholarship funds for the trip, singers will be selling “shares” for the trip. Shareholders will receive a certificate and receive special video, audio and text updates throughout our season of preparation, during the trip, and at a Fall 2019 Banquet. Shares will be offered mid-October 2018 through June 2019. For more information about purchasing shares, please contact any St. Mary’s singer or Elizabeth Deegan at email@example.com.
You can also make a donation to St. Mary’s for the Lincoln Pilgrimage Choir via check or Tithe.ly, our online payment portal.
Many thanks for supporting our musicians as they dedicate themselves to this worthy endeavor!