Episcopalians believe that responsible and disciplined financial stewardship — giving back to God a portion of what God has given you — is part of maintaining one’s spiritual health.
Give with the knowledge that your gift is put to God’s use — internally, in running the parish (read our latest Annual Report) and externally in our many important outreach ministries with 25 percent of our budget committed to supporting our outreach efforts.
The Many Ways of Giving
- Pledging: We are all called to be God’s stewards. Your time, talent and treasure are all equally important to give. Read more about Stewardship and Pledging online.
- Online Giving: St. Mary’s is pleased to offer will offer a secure, third-party, online payment app, Tithe.ly, to help make regular pledging payments as well as special one-time gifts easier.
- Cash & Checks: We welcome U.S. currency and drafts as a tangible gift during the service offering. Please consider enclosing your cash or check in a self-addressed envelope (email Janet.Tasker@StMarysArlington.org to request envelopes) so that we can better acknowledge your generosity.
- Stock Donations: Appreciated securities and stocks are one of the most efficient ways to gift a portion of your income to St. Mary’s. Learn more about Stock Donations, talk with your financial advisor, and prayerfully consider this option.
- Auto-Check Payment: St. Mary’s will work with your bank to set up a weekly or monthly bank transfer from your account to ours. Call St. Mary’s Co-Administrator Janet Tasker at 703-527-6800 to learn more.
- Special Gifts: A memorial or honorarium gift to the St. Mary’s Music Fund or a ministry such as the Flower Guild is a wonderful way to help support the work of the church and recognize someone in your life. Call the office at 703-527-6800 to discuss your special gift.
- Planned Giving: Founded in October 2017, St. Mary’s Legacy Circle is a group that celebrates the stewardship of those parishioners who make significant, long-term contributions to the St. Mary’s Foundation (effectively, St. Mary’s endowment for the future). Learn how to become a member of the Legacy Circle.
- The United Thank Offering: Also known as, “UTO,” this periodic offering unites parish, diocese, national church and the international community in a common bond of worldwide outreach. 100% of the money collected is distributed through grants to carefully screened organizations and charities. The UTO is collected in small blue and white boxes labeled “UTO” or in identified blue envelopes.