- This event has passed.
Dismantling Racism Youth Weekend
February 28 @ 5:00 pm - March 1 @ 1:00 pm
Grounded in the Eucharist and The Episcopal Church’s commitment to dismantling racism as essential to our formation as Christians, this transformative experience is open to youth in grades 6-12 who would like to deepen their understanding of racism, identity, privilege and healing. This retreat is sponsored by MORE—St. Mary’s Ministry on Race, Reconciliation and Equity and is open to youth from Region III Episcopal churches in The Diocese of Virginia Region.
- Retreat Leaders: Katie McRee & Sally Ulrey from The Diocese of Atlanta Beloved Community: Commission for Dismantling Racism.
- Retreat Curriculum: Download Overview & FAQ
- Registration Fee: $85 fee/youth includes all meals. Scholarships available; call St. Mary’s 703-527-6800 to inquire.
- Registration & Payment Deadline: St. Mary’s must receive payment by Feb. 23, 2020. Should you need to cancel your registration, please email St. Mary’s Youth Minister Sue Cromer at Sue.Cromer@StMarysArlington.org before Feb. 21, 2020 for a full refund.
- Payment Options: Make checks payable to St. Mary’s Episcopal and include “Dismantle Racism” in the memo. Our address is: 2609 N. Glebe Road, Arlington, VA 22207. If paying via credit card, use Tithe.ly and find “Dismantle Racism” in the “Give to” area. PLEASE cover all payment fees–thank you.
- At least one parent/legal guardian must attend a mandatory one-hour parent meeting 3:30-4:30 PM on Sunday, Feb 9, at St. Mary’s. If you have missed the meeting, you should email Sue.Cromer@StMarysArlington.org to obtain permission and information for your youth to participate.
- Youth must attend the entire weekend: Friday, Feb 28 from 5PM to 9PM; Saturday, Feb 29 from 9AM to 7PM and Sunday, March 1 from 9AM to 1PM– no exceptions. This is NOT an overnight retreat.
Email or call either of the following contacts:
- St. Mary’s Youth Minister: Sue Cromer, 703-527-6800, Sue.Cromer@StMarysArlington.org
- St. Mary’s The Rev. Chris Cole, Associate to the Rector,.703-527-6800, Chris.Cole@StMarysArlington.org
- St. Mary’s MORE Lay Leader Susan Cunningham, 202-250-4083, CunninghamEliot@gmail.com
REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED