- This event has passed.
The Friday before Easter Day, we commemorate the crucifixion of Jesus. The liturgy of the day includes John’s account of the Passion, a form of intercession known as the solemn collects (dating from ancient Rome), and optional devotions before the cross. We observe the three hours from noon to 3:00 p.m. our Lord hung on the cross with meditation, prayer and a procession of the cross; the service is structured so people may come and go as they are able. At 5:45 p.m. there is a children’s liturgy with age-appropriate reflections on Jesus’ passion and death.
Good Friday – April 19 at 7:00 a.m., Noon, 5:45 p.m. (children’s service) and 7:30 p.m.
- St. Mary’s parking lot directly across from the church, at 26th St. & Glebe Road.
- On-street – restrictions lifted
- Arlington Osteopathic Bldg. – Old Dominion side ONLY!
- The John Marshall Bldg – After 6 pm ONLY!
- Marymount BLUE garage – 8am – 4pm