Food Drive to Help Iglesia Santa Maria
March 2 - December 31
Continued Support for Santa Maria
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they will be filled. (Matthew 5:6)
WE ARE ONLY COLLECTING FOOD AT ST. MARY’S ON THE 1st TUESDAY OF THE MONTH.
THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO VOLUNTEER:
- St Mary’s parishioners are asked to help supplement with food and/or gift cards – ON THE FIRST TUESDAY OF THE MONTH ONLY~
- St. Mary’s parishioners are asked to provide in-person support for the food distribution on both the first and third Tuesdays of each month.
If you would like to volunteer to help out on the day of food distribution, please contact Mother Sara at email@example.com.
****Please do not attend without confirming your slot with Mother Sara first.***
If you want to donate food and/or gift cards ON THE FIRST TUESDAY OF THE MONTH ONLY:
- Shop and drop off grocery items (list is below) from 8 to 10 a.m. at St. Mary’s.
Enter the drop off zone from N. Glebe Rd. and park on 26th St. by the handicapped-parking pad, wait for volunteers to unload your car, and then exit onto Old Dominion Dr. Volunteers will follow safe guidelines with masks and gloves.
- Order grocery items online and have them sent to Patty Hammond at 812 N. Frederick St. Arlington, VA 22205. Please make sure groceries arrive in time for distribution.
- Purchase gift cards to Aldi or Giant in $10 increments and mail to Patty Hammond at the address above.
Grocery items (store brands are ok):
- Sugar (4 lb bag or similar weight)
- Rice (1 or 2 lb bags)
- Lentils (dried in a bag)
- Canned tomatoes (diced or whole)
- Canned peaches and pineapple
We are also in need of paper bags and boxes as containers for the food that is distributed. If you have any to offer, please contact Natalie Farr – firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the food and gift card drive, please contact Natalie Farr – email@example.com or Patty Hammond – firstname.lastname@example.org. Email Mother Sara at email@example.com.