Food Drive to Help Iglesia Santa Maria
September 1 @ 8:00 am - December 15 @ 10:00 am
Continued Support for Santa Maria
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they will be filled. (Matthew 5:6)
St. Mary’s will continue to support our friends at Iglesia Santa Maria with that church’s twice-a-month food distribution service on the first and third Tuesdays of each month. The food distribution service has been expanded to serve more than 300 families as food insecurity has increased.
THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO VOLUNTEER:
- St Mary’s parishioners are asked to help supplement with food and/or gift cards on the first Tuesdays of each month – Sept. 1, Oct. 6, Nov. 3 and Dec. 1.
- St. Mary’s parishioners are asked to provide in-person support for the food distribution on both the first and third Tuesdays of each month – Sept. 1, Sept. 15, Oct. 6, Oct. 20, Nov. 3, Nov. 17, Dec. 1., and Dec. 15.
If you would like to volunteer to help out on the day of food distribution (Sept. 1 or Sept. 15, please contact Mother Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not attend without confirming your slot with Mother Sara first.
If you want to donate food and/or gift cards:
- Shop and drop off grocery items (list is below) from 8 to 10 a.m. at St. Mary’s the first Tuesdays of each month. Enter the drop off zone from N. Glebe Rd. and park on 26th St. by the handicapped-parking pad, wait for volunteers to unload your car, and then exit onto Old Dominion Dr. Volunteers will follow safe guidelines with masks and gloves.
- Order grocery items online and have them sent to Elizabeth Hale at 6190 Adeline Ct., McLean, VA 22101. Please make sure they are delivered by August 31.
- Purchase gift cards to Giant or Safeway in $10 increments and mail to Elizabeth Hale at the address above or deliver during the drop off time on September 1st.
Grocery items (store brands are ok):
- Sugar (5 lb bag)
- Cooking oil (canola or vegetable in 46-48 oz. bottle)
- All Purpose Flour (5 lb bag)
- Rice (1 or 2 lb bags)
- Lentils (dried in a bag)
- Canned tomatoes (diced or whole)
- Canned peaches and pineapple
If you have any questions about the food and gift card drive, please contact Elizabeth Hale at email@example.com. We will continue to support our Santa Maria friends in this way through at least December 2020.