Click here to launch the Messenger.
DONATIONS: Gently used books, magazines and PG-rated DVD movies may be left now through July 6th in the Glebe Road lobby Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. or Sunday 8 a.m.-11 a.m.
SALE: The Book Sale is at St. Mary’s on Saturday, July 7, from 9 am – 1 pm and Sunday, July 8, from 8 am-noon. There will be a wide selection of books at bargain prices. Shop early for the best selection. Enjoy some lemonade and cookies while you shop!
All proceeds and leftover books are donated to the Arlington Pediatric Center, which provides free medical care for Arlington families with low-incomes. Each child who visits the clinic gets a book of their choice while donations last.
- Click here to download a final transcript of this sermon.
Our annual Youth Sunday—this year June 3—is an intentional opportunity to engage young people to play a part in the regular worship life of the congregation.
Children in PreK-3 through 1st Grade
These children will sing the sequence hymn during the 9:00 a.m. service. Children should follow the crucifer to the chapel at the start of the service.
In addition to singing, the class will also host the 10:00 a.m. coffee hour. Families with 1st-grade children should leave refreshments in the kitchen before the 9:00 a.m. service.
These children made the communion bread that we will use for Holy Eucharist on Youth Sunday.
These children designed the Sunday Bulletin covers.
These children should arrive at least 15-minutes before the 9:00 a.m. service (8:45 a.m.) on June 3 for usher duty.
Volunteers from the 5th-grade class will serve as lay readers during the service.
We are delighted to have Mia Landeck, a senior high school student, preach a homily on the appointed reading at the morning services on June 3, Trinity Sunday.
Youth Sunday is also an opportunity to give thanks to the teachers who have so ably led the children as they explored together the Bible and our Anglican traditions.
- Sunday School is on sabbatical now through August.
- Children’s Chapel will continue to meet during the 9:00 and 11:15 a.m. services, except on June 10. Children’s Chapel will resume meeting at 10:00 a.m. on June 17 during the summer months.
- Volunteers for Summer Children’s Chapel and for the Fall Sunday School Year are needed. You don’t have to be a parent to teach—we are an equal opportunity outfit—everyone is welcome. The sign-up board is in Paca Hall and will also come with us to Shrine Mont.
For Questions about Children’s Chapel or Sunday School, contact Evelyn Hutton, Church School Superintendent at Evelyn.Hutton@StMarysArlington.org.
St. Mary’s Annual Report for 2017 is now available to read. The tradition for this document is to provide a historical record of the ministries and outreach activities for the church and to review church administrative milestones.
- Please mark your calendar and come out the 31st to show the School Board and Superintendent that the entire community endorses the need for action and will hold them accountable for taking steps now.
- ↓ Download the Report to read recommendations by a Working Group of community members and APS principals and senior staff who spent months examining the current situation.
Questions? Email Majorie Green, VaGreenFam@verizon.net.