Episcopalians believe that responsible and disciplined financial stewardship — giving back to God a portion of what God has given you — is part of maintaining one’s spiritual health.
Give with the knowledge that your gift is put to God’s use — internally, in running the parish and externally in our many important outreach ministries with 25 percent of our budget committed to supporting our outreach efforts.
The Many Ways of Giving
- Pledging: We are all called to be God’s stewards. Your time, talent and treasure are all equally important to give. Read more about Stewardship or Pledge online.
- Online Giving: St. Mary’s is pleased to offer will offer a secure, third-party, online payment app, Tithe.ly, to help make regular pledging payments as well as special one-time gifts easier.
- Cash & Checks: We welcome U.S. currency and drafts as a tangible gift during the service offering. Please consider enclosing your cash or check in a self-addressed envelope (you may request such envelopes from St. Mary’s) so that we can better acknowledge your generosity.
- Stock Donations: Appreciated securities and stocks are one of the most efficient ways to gift a portion of your income to St. Mary’s. Learn more about Stock Donations, talk with your financial advisor, and prayerfully consider this option.
- Auto-Check Payment: St. Mary’s will work with your bank to set up a weekly or monthly bank transfer from your account to ours. Contact St. Mary’s Finance Manger Janet Tasker to learn more.
- Special Gifts: A memorial or honorarium gift to the St. Mary’s Music Fund, the St. Mary’s Foundation or a ministry such as the Flower Guild is a wonderful way to help support the work of the church and recognize someone in your life. Call the office at 703-527-6800 to discuss your special gift.
- The United Thank Offering: Also known as, “UTO,” this periodic offering unites parish, diocese, national church and the international community in a common bond of worldwide outreach. 100% of the money collected is distributed through grants to carefully screened organizations and charities. The UTO is collected in small blue and white boxes labeled “UTO” or in identified blue envelopes. The next UTO offering is November 6, 2016.